Employee Benefit Trust announces 2018 premiums
On Thursday, the Employee Benefit Trust Board of Trustees finalized the 2018 premiums. Exact rate amounts will be available on our website mid-October. Plan increase amounts apply to all plans under each carrier, unless otherwise noted. Watch for the October 5 issue of For Your Health for information on plan enhancements and changes.
Active employee coverage:
- Regence/Asuris HealthFirst 250, HealthFirst 500 and LEOFF 1 Plan A: 7.2% increase
- Regence/Asuris High Deductible Health Plan: 13.2% increase
- Kaiser Permanente: 7.6% increase
- Delta Dental: 0% increase
- Willamette Dental: 0% increase
- Vision Service Plan: 0% increase
- Standard Life: 0% increase
- Standard Long Term Disability: 0% increase
- ComPsych EAP: 0% increase
- Navia Benefit Solutions (HRA/HSA/FSA): 0% increase
- HSA Bank: 0% increase
LEOFF 1 retiree coverage:
- Regence Medicare Advantage: 2018 rates will be announced early October
- Regence/Asuris Plan A: 7.2% increase
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Advantage: 0% increase
As a reminder, the Regence/Asuris HealthFirst Plan and Kaiser Permanente $10 Copay plans terminate as of January 1, 2018.
Look closely at the rate increases – they may be lower than you think!
For employers switching from the terminating Health First or Kaiser $10 Copay plans to other plan options – please note that while the rate on those plans is increasing, the terminating plans were more expensive. So for these employers the actual overall rate impact will be a 2.5% – 32.2% decrease, depending on the plan selected.
As always, feel free to contact your Trust staff with any questions at 800.562.8981 or firstname.lastname@example.org.