AWC Workers' Comp Retro Program
Retro Safety Academy
Tukwila Community Center
12424 42nd Ave S
Tukwila, WA 98168
Yakima Holiday Inn
802 East Yakima Ave
Yakima, WA 98901
Are you responsible for your jurisdiction’s safety program? Have you experienced an increase in on-the-job injuries? Interested in learning more about ways to keep your workplace safe? If so, AWC’s Retro Program is offering workshops to help you navigate workplace safety issues.
Who should attend
- Members of the AWC Workers’ Compensation Retro Program
- City staff responsible for risk management/loss control/safety
- Safety committee members
- Human resource, public works employees and supervisors, building inspectors and other field employees
For a detailed course information for all dates, click here.
- Management’s role in safety
- How accidents happen
- Safety audit & hazard assessment
- Leading safety discussions
- Accident investigations
- Preparing for a DOSH inspection
- Office ergonomics & office safety
- Leverage your lift
- Safety committees
- Return to work
- Chemical hazard communications & industrial hygiene
- Hearing conservation
- Management's role in safety
- Accident investigation
- Safety committees
|9 am – 12:15 pm
|12:15 – 1:15 pm
||Lunch (not provided)
|1:15 – 2:45 pm
|2:45 – 3 pm
Bob Meyer, Certified Safety Professional, ergo SAVVY
Registration and fees
Register now for March 10, 11, 24 or 25!
Register now for May 5!
AWC Workers’ Comp Retro Program members registration – Free
Other AWC RMSA, Employee Benefit Trust, D&A Consortium members registration – $90
Non-AWC members – $120
Cancellation policy: A fee of $20 will be charged for cancellations made more than one week prior to the meeting for which you are registered. Cancellations made less than seven days prior to the meeting for which you are registered will require full payment.
Registration or cancellation questions and special accommodations
For TDD users, please use the state’s toll-free relay service, (800) 833-6388, and ask the operator to dial the AWC number.